1. A man runs from point A to point B that is 50m to the east of point A. He then runs to point C, which is 150m to the west of point A. What is his final displacement?
2. A car starts from rest and moves with constant acceleration for 10s. It then moves with a constant velocity of 80 km/h before slowing to a stop with constant deceleration of 15km/h2. Sketch the velocity-time graph of the car’s motion.
3. Ball Y undergoes free fall for twice as long as ball X. How much further does ball Y travel than ball X?
4. Ball X is dropped from the top of a 10 storey building. Ball Y is dropped from the middle of the same building. What is the same for both ball X and ball Y?
5. A man starts from rest and runs with a steadily increasing velocity. After 10 seconds, he passes point X with a velocity of 50m/s. How far is point X from his starting point?
6. If a velocity has a negative value, what does it mean?
7. A stone is thrown with a velocity of 10m/s to a person standing 5m vertically above. What is the velocity of the stone when the man catches it?
8. A car rolls down a hill from rest. If it travels 50m in the first 5 seconds, what is its acceleration?
9. A ball is dropped from rest. It falls to the ground and bounces back up. It continues bouncing. Assuming no air resistance, what will the velocity-time graph look like?
10. A car accelerates uniformly from rest to 20 km/h in 5 seconds. What is its displacement?